Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you will find some worthwhile information during your stay. Please feel free to contribute a word or two while you're on the Corner.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

More Flickr

I really like blogging ( at least when I have time to do it). Anyway, I have been reading more about Flickr. I set up an account, and downloaded a couple of pictures. Ease of use is a primary thing for me and while it didn't take long to set up, there seemed to be several different places to go to find out information on using it. They had useful security notices and I liked the idea that you can allow only certain groups to view what you have downloaded and your comments. As with many things, they start off free, but if you want the super duper, jazzed up, all the bells and whistles, version, you are welcomed to pay $24.95/year. I would want to try this out this school year on a free basis to see if it's a product that the team would use. They do have some upload limits under the free account and they tell you that sometimes you may have to wait for your pictures to upload because there may be a lot of other people uploading. As I mentioned earlier I can think of some classroom applications. I also thought about having it available to parents to see pictures of their child's field trips. My classmate Carrie guided me to more elaborate services that Flickr provides, that she learned about at a workshop. (Thanks Carrie) It does appear that Flickr may be a another viable way for classes to communicate with other classrooms and the world

No comments: