Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you will find some worthwhile information during your stay. Please feel free to contribute a word or two while you're on the Corner.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Filesharing/Flickr

One of the wonderful things about the internet is that you can be looking for one thing and come across something else valuable. "flickr" is picture filesharing which enables you to share your pictures with those who also have flickr. Even if you want someone to view your pictures without an account, you can set them up as a guest. I find that this site could be used as an educational tool. For teachers in different schools that want to exchange photos, they can monitor the progress of butterfly larve from the minute they arrive at school to the time they are released. Students can take pictures of the various stages and compare. They can also write their observations about the butterflies' progress. This is almost blogging with pictures and I would use this site.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

At my conference this morning they talked a bit about Flickr. Make sure when you are using it that you check out other technologies in the Flickr Family, such as Resizr and Mosaicr. More can be found at Flickr Services They also talked about Big Huge Labs and Flickr Storm. I attempted to put some web addresses in here with HTML tags so if they don't work I'm sorry =(

C.M.Coleman said...

Thanks for that info Carrie. I have found this to be an interesting site since I've never use on online album service before. The web addresses did open :) . WOW what a wealth of services! I hope my team will be able to use some of this in the upcoming school year.